Saturday, May 27, 2006

Earthquake relief

So, if you're like me, you've spent the morning freaking out.
To break myself out of this state, I've decided to do some research and find some resources to help out. When I did a search for organizations doing disaster relief, I came across this BBC page. This post was in response to the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. There are a bunch of great links to a number of different organizations who can help out in this time of crisis. I've also put a link to the IFRC donation page on the sidebar if you want to support their efforts.
I'd also like to open this topic to the readers of this blog. Do you have any links or resources you would like to share? Pass them on and I'll post them.
Thanks,
Daydreamthief

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daydreamtthief,
Thanks for the info. I was very sure that Chad would head for the earthquake zone if he could. I appreciate you adding to the blog to keep us up to date.

Chad's Dad

1:03 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Tom,
Good to hear from you.
I hope this helps in some way.
As a son I know how much it means to have the support of your family and how little you want to scare them with your decisions. As a father I also know how terrifying it is to watch your child venture out into the world but there is also that sense of pride and hope for the future.
That's my boy.
Take care and stay in touch.
Jason

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the confusing last post.
I was working on Chad's page and forgot to sign on as me.
peace,
j

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home